It’s marathon week! I can’t believe I’ll be running 26.2 miles next weekend. It has been a long journey, but after my 20-mile run, I feel ready.
I can’t wait to run with Sarah Stanley as the first step in the 12×12 Project, crossing the finish line at the marathon.
Now that my training is over, I’m left worrying about the details. What should I wear? What should I eat and drink during the race, and when? Should I stick with tried and true, or try something new? Should I sleep at my house and get up early to drive to the race, or stay at Amanda’s house, closer to the race? You get the picture…
I’m sticking with tried and true.
- I found these comfy Roga running shorts by Oiselle that don’t chafe and have nice pockets.
- Of course I’ll be sporting my running club’s club colors, since I credit them with inspiring me to run this marathon. Thanks Alpine Runners! Depending on the weather (forecast says low of 49, high of 66 and sunny), I’ll wear a t-shirt or tank. A Lululemon sports bra is a must!
- My feet are most important – I’ve finally got a great formula to minimize blisters (a problem I’ve had my entire life). Thanks to the local running store, I now run in Brooks Adrenaline shoes and Thorlo socks.
- To keep me going through the race, I’m going to stick with my favorite – Sports Beans, and something new(ish) for me – Enduralytes.
- Lastly, I’ll be tracking my run with my new iPod Nano so I don’t have to carry my iPhone with me.
The only thing new for me will be waking up much earlier and having a longer drive to my run than usual – so I’ll probably eat a little more than normal, stop at the bathroom when we pick up Amanda, and then be good to go.
I can’t wait to conquer 26.2 – wish me luck! ~ Brandi