Did you say Lululemon Chicago warehouse sale? Yep, that’s right. What better reason to take the day off of work and shop? I don’t know about you, but I love running clothes, and Lululemon has some great gear.
This morning, the sale opened in Rosemont, IL. I was prepared, thanks to Possessionista’s blog post. Here’s my experience!
Get there early
- Parking – I didn’t really think about it – I parked at the hotel (the Hyatt I think?) and it was $20. I’m pretty sure there are cheaper places to park.
- I got there at 7 a.m., when the doors were scheduled to open. The line was pretty short at that point!
- The sale wasn’t supposed to start until 9, but they opened the doors early. They didn’t let everyone in all at once (I think they said they let in 400-500 people at a time). I was shopping by 9!
- They have a ton of workers and a DJ. Prepare to dance your away in! Plus, they had someone doing a yoga demonstration.
- When I left, the lines were pretty long.
- I was so thankful I brought a shopping bag. People were hot messes with their arms full of clothes!
- Know what you want so you can stay focused. I spent about 40 minutes in there, including checkout. I looked at every section, but I spent the most time checking out the sports bras and tops, my focus.
- Know your size – the fitting room line was long. After waiting in line to get in, there was no way I was waiting more!
- To move people along, they offered a 10% discount to be in line to checkout by 9:30. I’d assume that will continue throughout the sale, so take advantage!
Prices (Don’t quote me, but these should be ballpark)
- Steal: Sports bras were $22!
- Sport tank/long-sleeve half zips were $36
- Socks were sparse, but around $5
- Yoga Pants and Scuba hoodies were $78
I ended up with a bag full of gear for about $220. Victory!